Hello and WELCOME to the random thoughts from wherever my mind may roam,
including images that tickle my fancy
Please feel free to leave a comment, suggestion or just say Hi !! Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
“I can never decide whether my dreams are the result of my thoughts,
or my thoughts the result of my dreams.”
D.H. Lawrence

I will not be just a tourist in the world of images, just watching images passing by which I cannot live in, make love to, possess as permanent sources of joy and ecstasy.
Anais Nin



This link kills spam

Friday, July 31, 2009

Random Facts

Editor Bennett Cerf challenged Dr Seuss to write a book containing exactly 50 words. The result? Green Eggs and Ham.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Mark Twain was born in 1835, a year in which Halley’s comet was visible from earth. In 1909, he wrote, “I came in with Halley’s comet…and I expect to go out with it.” Indeed, he did. When he died on April 21, 1910, the comet was again visible in the night sky.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

China is the birthplace of the first seismograph. Built in 132 AD by a man named Cheng Heng, it consisted of eight metal dragons holding eight carved balls over eight frog figurines. If an earthquake made the ground vibrate, the dragon facing the quake’s source would drop a ball into the mouth of its corresponding frog.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Poet and pre-Raphaelite painter Dante Gabriel Rosetti loved his wife, Elizabeth. How much did he love his wife, you ask? Well, after she died of a laudanum overdose in 1862, he buried her with the only existing copy of his unpublished poems. Seven years later, however, Rosetti found himself suffering from a really bad case of writers’ block, so he dug up her body and retrieved his poems. They were published in 1870 and were well received by critics, but he never forgave himself for pilfering them from her grave.
Lilith
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


A large percentage of the budget for Monty Python and the Holy Grail was donated by members of Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

2 comments:

bestar said...

Hi dolce Marie...
is everything all right?
I don't know Bennett Cerf..
but I grew up with Mark Twain's books...
I read his books ... but so long ago...
I've read recently that Mark Twain, was a friend the greatest man of all time: Nikola Tesla...(for me)..
Hope you have a great Weekend >>>>
and many many HUGS...

bestar said...

Hi dolce Marie...
How was the party???Did you have fun???
I went again in the pool today...
It's too hot..I hope to sleep well tonight...
1000 hugs

Post a Comment

Please drop me a line !!