Hello and WELCOME to the random thoughts from wherever my mind may roam,
including images that tickle my fancy
Please feel free to leave a comment, suggestion or just say Hi !! Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
“I can never decide whether my dreams are the result of my thoughts,
or my thoughts the result of my dreams.”
D.H. Lawrence

I will not be just a tourist in the world of images, just watching images passing by which I cannot live in, make love to, possess as permanent sources of joy and ecstasy.
Anais Nin



This link kills spam

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Laurel and Hardy Meet Santana


Oye Como Va Lyrics

Oye como va, Mi ritmo,
Bueno pa' gozar, mulata

The Translation

Hey, dig this rhythm I'm playing.
It's fun to party to, ain't it, my sweet little thing

The More Literal Translation

Hey, how's it goin? (Oye, como va?) My rhythm (Mi ritmo)
Is good (bueno) for (pa' -- short for para) for partying (gozar) my dark skined female (mulata*)

* apparently, in Cuba there are many different words used to differentiate skin color, and mulata is one of them. However, the term has now supposedly be "slang-ized" to mean any hot chick burnin' up the dance floor. So the theory goes that the lyric doesn't really mean some particular skin color, just a hottie in general.

Source http://www.billyrhythm.com/archives/00000771.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop me a line !!